Are you new to business, or thinking of starting a small business?
Give your business the best start and register for a free introductory workshop run by the Australian Taxation Office.
You’ll learn about:
- business structures and their different rules, tax rates and obligations
- tax and non-tax business registrations
- allowable deductions, including motor vehicle deductions, depreciation and home-based business expenses
- annual and quarterly reporting requirements
- record keeping principles
- where to go for help and information when you need it.
The ATO team will show you online tools and resources that can help and you’ll have the chance to ask questions.
Please bring a pen and your smartphone or tablet. After the event, a short online survey will be sent for feedback and suggestions.
It’s on May 16 at Broadford Council Chamber, 113 High St, Broadford from 6pm to 8pm.
You must register for the event at eventbrite.com.au/e/tax-essentials-broadford-vic-tickets-53983008632
For more information, visit mitchellshire.vic.gov.au/events/tax-essentials-for-small-business or contact the ATO’s Maria Di Paolo on 9275 4526
This event was originally promoted as being at Kilmore but organisers have confirmed it will be held at the Council Chambers in Broadford.