Police report

February 13, 2018

Grass fire
Emergency services attended a fire in grassland at the end of Anglesey St, about 12.30pm on Sunday. A nearby resident tried to extinguish the fire before contacting the CFA. Investigations are continuing into the cause.

Clothes lifted
A 30-year-old Werribee woman was remanded in custody after she was arrested for allegedly stealing some clothing from a local department store. She was nabbed on Thursday, after bragging about her morning activities to staff at another business. Most of the stolen clothing, worth close to $190 was found in her possession.

Drug bust
An amount of cannabis was found at a Perrin St house after police executed a drug search warrant at the property on Tuesday, February 6. A 35-year-old man staying at the house was charged with possession and use of a drug of dependence and was bailed to appear at Seymour Magistrates Court in late March.

An Anzac Ave hardware shop was broken into just before midnight on Sunday, with a black spraypaint can and some tools being stolen. The thief climbed over a rear side fence, rummaged through a staff fridge, before grabbing the tools and leaving the same way.
An electrical business in Highlands Rd was broken into on Sunday, February 4. Entry was gained by smashing an office window, but it is believed nothing was stolen.
Investigations are continuing into the theft of alcohol, sporting equipment and a jukebox from a sporting club. The clubrooms in Pollard St were entered between midnight on Saturday, February 3, and 8am on the following Monday. It follows an earlier break-in the previous weekend, where a cash register was stolen. Anyone who sees suspicious activity around the building during those times is urged to phone police on 5735 0200.

Wire theft
Police stopped man driving along Anzac Ave recently and discovered an amount of copper wire in the back of the vehicle. Checks revealed the 42-year-old driver was suspended. It is believed the wire had been stolen from along the railway tracks in the local area.

A man was airlifted to the Alfred Hospital following a collision on Upper Goulburn Rd, Tallarook, about 3.50am on Friday. The car he was driving veered across the road, possibly due to excessive speed and struck several trees.
A Toyota Landcruiser, driving in the opposite direction, had to take evasive action to miss colliding with the car, a Hyundai, but its windscreen was broken due to stones being sprayed up from the other car. The second driver, a Seymour man, was not injured. 
Investigations are continuing into the cause of the collision, with the driver of the Hyundai, a 38-year-old Kirwans Bridge man, expected to be interviewed in relation to numerous traffic offences.

More in The Telegraph
Login Sign Up

Dummy text